About Elisha J. Mitchell
From Army brat to honor student to wandering teen to retired preacher’s wife, this Pacific Northwest native has a heavenly message and a name to match. Elisha, which in Hebrew means "God of Salvation", thinks of little else than sharing God's kingdom message through song, teaching and practical living.
Elisha is the oldest of three children. Singing came naturally since everyone in the family could hold a tune. And though there was abuse, the sound of Gospel music came through the record player every Sunday morning giving her a driving, inner hunger for God.
At age 13, she began directing and playing for church choirs. Even though she displayed giftings in this and several other areas, the desire to be accepted by people led her down a maze of bad relationships and eventually to an abortion clinic.
She has experienced healing from all that life has thrown at her. Now finding her identity in the One who made us, she brings songs and teachings that lead into His presence.
Elisha released her solo debut album, FOUNDATION, shortly before the tragic events of September 11, 2001. These songs still comfort many. With her tech skills average at best, she programmed the music on a workstation keyboard. She thought of the background vocals only after arriving in the studio.
The newest album, entitled You Turn, His Will – His Kingdom, is a result of learning how to co-write with the Creator. This process causes Elisha to embody the message she brings through song. And for this project, Elisha is relieved to have a very anointed producer.
Elisha is a worship leader, evangelist, prophet and teacher. She moves seamlessly across genders, cultures and classes of people.
Elisha is married to Rev. Lonnie Mitchell. They have four adult children and eleven grandchildren.
"FOUNDATION" is Elisha's debut solo album. Released shortly before the tragic events of September 11, 2001, in the USA, she penned nine original compositions. The songs comforted many at that time and still do today.
Track four, 'What Kind Of Love' is a cover song from the album "This Moment" in honor of the late Danniebelle Hall. Gifted saxophonist Roy Harris appears in this song as well.
"You Turn, His Will - His Kingdom" is a music collaboration with Derris Nelson of Lighteye Productions. Elisha wrote the songs and Derris composed the music during the shutdown of 2020. It's a timely, power-filled project with meticulous production. Sprinkled with brief interviews and highlights of talents from friends, it is scheduled for release in late Fall 2020.
- 2017 Washington State African American Achievement Award
- 2017 Washington State Gospel Music Legend Award
- National Young Messiah Tour Choir, Local Director
- National ‘God’s Trying to Tell You Something’ Tour, Local Director
- National Lion King Promotion Choir - Spokane Organizer
- Fusion of Hymns and Gospel Music Workshop & Concert, Director
- Gospel Music Workshop, Director
- Spokane Gospel Jazz Christmas, Director
- Angels With Attitude Youth Choir, Co-Director
- Worship Director, 5th District Women's Missionary Society (AME Church)
- Worship leader and musician for churches and events
- Church School Superintendent and teacher
- Christian Decision Counselor
- Bible Study Teacher
- Basic Christian Life & Witness Course, Facilitator
- Lead Teacher RAYA Summer Youth Academy, Director & Lead Teacher
- Retreat & Workshop Presenter
- In Christ's Image Training, Facilitator