About Elisha J. Mitchell
From Army brat to honor student to wandering teen to preacher’s wife to gospel ambassador, this Pacific Northwest native has a heavenly message and a name to match. Elisha, which in Hebrew means "God of Salvation", thinks of little else than sharing God's kingdom message through song, teaching, and practical living.
The oldest of three children, Elisha comes from a family where everyone could sing. She credits her mother for filling her spirit with Gospel music from the record player every Sunday morning. At age 13, she began directing and playing for church choirs.
Her gifting in music and several other areas couldn't satisfy her longing to be delivered from the scars of abuse, however. Healing came when she found her true identity in our heavenly Father. As a result of her journey, Elisha is able to offer songs and teachings that lead others into God's presence.
Elisha released her solo debut album, FOUNDATION, shortly before the tragic events of September 11, 2001. These songs still comfort many until this today.
Her most recent album for 2020 and beyond is entitled You Turn, His Will – His Kingdom. It's message ushers in a season of repentance and restoration.
Elisha is a licensed minister of the International Ministerial Fellowship and a member of the Association for Advancing Churches. She is an evangelist, prophet, teacher, and worship leader credited with two albums. Her gifts flow seamlessly across genders, cultures and classes of people.
Elisha is married to Rev. Lonnie Mitchell. They have four adult children and eleven grandchildren.
"FOUNDATION" Debut album. Nine original compositions and one cover song. Released a month prior to 9/11. Features: 'What Kind Of Love' from the album "This Moment" by the late Danniebelle Hall. Saxophonist Roy Harris also appears on this track..
"You Turn, His Will - His Kingdom" Original songs by Elisha and production by Derris Nelson of Lighteye Productions. A timely, power-filled project released during the 2020 pandemic.
- 2017 Washington State African American Achievement Award
- 2017 Washington State Gospel Music Legend Award
- National Young Messiah Tour Choir, Local Director
- National ‘God’s Trying to Tell You Something’ Tour, Local Director
- National Lion King Promotion Choir - Spokane Organizer
- Fusion of Hymns and Gospel Music Workshop & Concert, Director
- Gospel Music Workshop, Director
- Spokane Gospel Jazz Christmas, Director
- Angels With Attitude Youth Choir, Co-Director
- Worship Director, 5th District Women's Missionary Society (AME Church)
- Worship leader and musician for churches and events
- Church School Superintendent and Teacher
- Christian Decision Counselor
- Bible Study Teacher
- Basic Christian Life & Witness Course, Facilitator
- RAYA Summer Youth Academy, Director & Lead Teacher
- Retreat & Workshop Presenter
- In Christ's Image Training, Facilitator