About Elisha Janine
Elisha is a Pacific Northwest native whose name means "God of Salvation". Her heart is to help overburdened Christians become who they are meant to be.
Her latest album is entitled YOU TURN, His Will – His Kingdom. Produced in collaboration with Derris Nelson (LightEye Productions) during the coronavirus pandemic, its message of reconciling with God ushers listeners into a season of divine reset.
Elisha's personal reset began when she realized she'd been conditioned to serve others without regard for her own well being. Cycles of depression, deep exhaustion, and chronic grief plagued her yet all the while, she sang.
The inner healing process included working with a therapist and being drawn in to profound encounters with God where, at times, she could hear Him singing over her.
She now correctly sees herself as God's beloved daughter. Elisha still serves others, but from an overflow of God's love and acceptance. She references life experiences and renders spiritual songs to help those who are pursuing relief from pressures within and without.
Elisha released her self produced debut album, FOUNDATION, shortly before the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Take in the songs today and one still finds the messages relevant and unfading.
Elisha credits her mother and father for filling her spirit with a love for music. Mom played gospel each Sunday while her father acquainted her with the passion of R&B music. Influential artists include Andrae' Crouch, Fred Hammond, Thomas Whitfield, the Clark Sisters, William McDowell, Earth Wind & Fire, Stephanie Mills, Teddy Pendergrass, Marvin Gaye, Isley Brothers, Brenda Russell, Gladys Knight, and many others.
Since the age of thirteen, Elisha has provided music leadership to local congregations, citywide groups and mass choirs in the western region of the U.S. She especially loves creating a culture of care and authenticity among musicians and singers.
Elisha is a licensed minister of the International Ministerial Fellowship, a member of the Association for Advancing Churches, and a Certified Coach for on-fire kingdom entrepreneurs through the 100X Movement. She is an evangelist, prophet, teacher, and worship leader. Her gifts flow seamlessly across genders, cultures, and classes of people.
She is "Mom" to three amazing adult children and "Meemah" to nine brilliant grandchildren.
2020 "YOU TURN, His Will - His Kingdom" Original songs by Elisha and production by Derris Nelson of Lighteye Productions. A timely, power-filled project released during the 2020 pandemic. Features Chae'Anna Nikole and Oscar Harris Jr.
2001 "FOUNDATION" Debut album. Nine original compositions and one cover song. Released a month prior to 9/11. Features: 'What Kind Of Love' from the album "This Moment" by the late Danniebelle Hall. Saxophonist Roy Harris also appears on this track.
- 2017 Washington State African American Achievement Award
- 2017 Washington State Gospel Music Legend Award
- National Young Messiah Tour Choir, Local Director
- National ‘God’s Trying to Tell You Something’ Tour, Local Director
- National Lion King Promotion Choir - Spokane Organizer
- Fusion of Hymns and Gospel Music Concert, Director
- Gospel Music Workshop, Director
- Spokane Gospel Jazz Christmas, Director
- Angels With Attitude Youth Choir, Co-Director
- Worship Director, 5th District Women's Missionary Society (AME Church)
- Worship leader and musician for churches and events
- Church School Superintendent &Teacher
- Christian Decision Counselor
- Bible Study Leader
- Basic Christian Life & Witness Course, Facilitator
- Summer Youth Academy, Director & Lead Teacher
- Retreat & Workshop Presenter
- In Christ's Image Training Facilitator
- 100X Kingdom Entrepreneur Coach