About Elisha J. Mitchell
From Army brat to wandering teen to honor student to preacher's wife to a religious refugee - Elisha is finally at home with the centerpiece of the gospel - the return of the kingdom of heaven to earth. She shares this messages in song and timely teaching with practical applications.
Elisha is a Pacific Northwest native with a heavenly calling and a name to match. "God of Salvation" is the Hebrew translation of 'Elisha'. Her highest goal is to become like Christ and influence the earth with Kingdom culture.
Spiritually gifted, Elisha is a worship leader, evangelist, prophet, and teacher. She moves seamlessly across denominations, genders, cultures and classes of people.
Elisha resides in Washington state with her husband Pastor Lonnie Mitchell. They have four adult children and eleven grandchildren.
"FOUNDATION" is Elisha's debut solo album. Released shortly before the tragic events of September 11, 2001, in the USA, she penned nine original compositions. The songs comforted many at that time and still do today.
Track four, 'What Kind Of Love' is a cover song from the album "This Moment" in honor of the late Danniebelle Hall. Gifted saxophonist Roy Harris appears in this song.
- 2017 Washington State African American Achievement Award
- 2017 Washington State Gospel Music Legend Award
- National Young Messiah Tour Choir, Local Director
- National ‘God’s Trying to Tell You Something’ Tour, Local Director
- National Lion King Promotion Choir - Spokane Organizer
- Fusion of Hymns and Gospel Music Workshop & Concert, Director
- Gospel Music Workshop, Director
- Spokane Gospel Jazz Christmas, Director
- Angels With Attitude Youth Choir, Co-Director
- Worship Director, 5th District Women's Missionary Society (AME Church)
- Worship leader and musician for churches and events
- Church School Superintendent and teacher
- Christian Decision Counselor
- Bible Study Teacher
- Basic Christian Life & Witness Course, Facilitator
- Lead Teacher RAYA Summer Youth Academy, Director & Lead Teacher
- Retreat & Workshop Presenter
- In Christ's Image Training, Facilitator